|DataChorus Co. Ltd :||ClusStor SG C7000 (Failover Cluster)|
|SPECsfs97_R1.v3 =||30024 Ops/Sec (Overall Response Time = 1.80 msec)|
|Server Configuration and Availability|
|Vendor ||DataChorus Co. Ltd |
|Hardware Available ||Jan 2004|
|Software Available||Jan 2004 |
|Date Tested||Dec 2004 |
|SFS License Number||2974 |
|Licensee Locations||Seoul Korea |
|CPU, Memory and Power|
|Model Name ||ClusStor SG C7000 (Failover Cluster) |
|Processor ||Intel Xeon 3.06 Ghz |
|# of Processors ||4 cores, 4 chips, 1 core/chip (2 cores per node) |
|Primary Cache ||Execution Trace Cache 12KB + Data Cache 8KB on chip |
|Secondary Cache ||512KB (I+D) on chip |
|Other Cache ||N/A |
|Other Hardware ||N/A |
| Memory Size ||4 GB (2 GB per node) |
|NVRAM Size ||8 GB (4 GB per RAID controller) |
|NVRAM Type ||Battery backed RAM |
|NVRAM Description||See notes |
|OS Name and Version||ClusStor 3.3|
|Other Software ||N/A |
|File System ||DCFS |
|NFS version ||3 |
|Buffer Cache Size ||Dynamic|
|# NFS Processes ||256|
|Fileset Size ||290.1 GB|
|Network Type ||Gigabit Ethernet (MTU 1500 bytes) |
|Network Controller Desc. ||Intel PRO/1000 1000BASE-T|
|Number Networks ||2 (N1 - Service, N2 - Cluster) |
|Number Network Controllers||4 (2 per node: See notes) |
|Protocol Type ||UDP |
|Switch Type ||Nortel BayStack 380-24T|
|Bridge Type ||N/A |
|Hub Type ||N/A |
|Other Network Hardware ||N/A |
|Disk Subsystem and Filesystems|
|Number Disk Controllers ||4 (2 per node) |
|Number of Disks ||80 |
|Number of Filesystems ||2 |
|File System Creation Ops||default|
|File System Config ||10 RAID LUNs per file system |
|Disk Controller ||QLogic QLA2300 |
|# of Controller Type ||4 (2 per node) |
|Number of Disks ||80 |
|Disk Type ||Hitachi 36GB 10K RPM |
|File Systems on Disks ||F1,F2 |
|Special Config Notes ||RAID Level 0+1 with 4 disks, total 20 LUNs|
|Load Generator (LG) Configuration|
|Number of Load Generators ||2 |
|Number of Processes per LG||40 |
|Biod Max Read Setting ||2 |
|Biod Max Write Setting ||2 |
|LG Type ||LG1 |
|LG Model ||Intel SE7501WV2 |
|Number and Type Processors||2 x Xeon 2.8 Ghz |
|Memory Size ||1 GB |
|Operating System ||Linux RedHat 9.0 |
|Compiler ||gcc 3.2.2 |
|Compiler Options ||default |
|Network Type ||Intel PRO/1000 1000BASE-T|
|LG #||LG Type||Network||Target File Systems||Notes|
- DataChorus ClusStor SG C7000 was configured as Active-Standby cluster with heartbeat/hardware monitoring and failover software.
- There are two gigabit ports per server: one is used for file service, the other is used for clustering (administration/heartbeat communication).
- ClusStor SG C7000 has two RAID controllers as active-active configuration.
- NVRAM: Each RAID controller has 4GB write-back disk cache (72 hours battery-backed).
- The RAID is comprised of 20 LUNs. Each LUN has 4 disks with RAID 0+1 and the stripe size is 64 KB.
- Each RAID controller serves 10 LUNs, respectively.
- For failover, each NAS server and each RAID controller were connected with 2 ports through 2 Gbps FC link.
- Each server has onboard Adaptec Ultra320 SCSI controller for OS disks.
- OS disks in each server are mirrored with software RAID 1 for failure protection.
- Uniform Access Rule:
- Each node has 1 network port(N1) for NFS service.
- Each node has 1 network port(N2) for cluster operation.
- There are 20 LUNs in RAID storage. There are two file systems (F1 and F2): each file system consists of 10 LUNs.
- Each LG has 40 processes: 20 processes access F1 and the other 20 processes access F2.
- Stable Storage:
- NFS share in ClusStor SG C7000 was configured to "Synchronous write". NFS write request is acknowledged after data is written to disk cache in RAID controller.
- Battery-backed disk cache in RAID controller preserves unwritten data for 72 hours in case of unexpected power outage.
- If active server fails, the standby server takes over all services and data without any loss.
Generated on Thu Feb 17 15:57:42 2005 by SPEC SFS97 HTML Formatter
Copyright © 1997-2004 Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
First published at SPEC.org on 01-Feb-2005