|Network Appliance, Inc. :||FAS980|
|SPECsfs97_R1.v3 =||36063 Ops/Sec (Overall Response Time = 0.95 msec)|
|Server Configuration and Availability|
|Vendor ||Network Appliance, Inc. |
|Hardware Available ||January 2004|
|Software Available||January 2004 |
|Date Tested||November 2003 |
|SFS License Number||33 |
|Licensee Locations||Sunnyvale, CA |
|CPU, Memory and Power|
|Model Name ||FAS980 |
|Processor ||2.8-GHz Intel Xeon Processor MP |
|# of Processors ||2 cores, 2 chips, 1 core/chip (HT Technology enabled) |
|Primary Cache ||12 K uops I + 8 KB D |
|Secondary Cache ||512 KB on-die |
|Other Cache ||2MB L3 cache, on-die |
|Other Hardware ||none |
| Memory Size ||8192 MB |
|NVRAM Size ||512 MB |
|NVRAM Type ||DIMM on PCI card |
|NVRAM Description||minimum 3-day battery-backed shelf-life |
|OS Name and Version||Data ONTAP 6.5|
|Other Software ||none |
|File System ||WAFL |
|NFS version ||3 |
|Buffer Cache Size ||default|
|# NFS Processes ||N/A|
|Fileset Size ||340.4 GB|
|Network Type ||Jumbo Frame Gigabit Ethernet |
|Network Controller Desc. ||X1027B PCI adapter card|
|Number Networks ||1 (N1) |
|Number Network Controllers||1 |
|Protocol Type ||TCP |
|Switch Type ||Extreme BlackDiamond 6816 (N1)|
|Bridge Type ||N/A |
|Hub Type ||N/A |
|Other Network Hardware ||N/A |
|Disk Subsystem and Filesystems|
|Number Disk Controllers ||2 |
|Number of Disks ||84 |
|Number of Filesystems ||1 |
|File System Creation Ops||default|
|File System Config ||5 RAID-DP (Double Parity) groups of 16 disks each |
|Disk Controller ||X2050A FC-AL adapter card (256 KB RAM standard) |
|# of Controller Type ||2 |
|Number of Disks ||42/42 |
|Disk Type ||X273A 72GB 15K RPM FC-AL |
|File Systems on Disks ||F1/F1 |
|Special Config Notes ||see notes|
|Load Generator (LG) Configuration|
|Number of Load Generators ||28 |
|Number of Processes per LG||3 |
|Biod Max Read Setting ||2 |
|Biod Max Write Setting ||2 |
|LG Type ||LG1 |
|LG Model ||Supermicro SuperServer 6010H |
|Number and Type Processors||2 x 1.0-GHz Pentium III |
|Memory Size ||1024 MB |
|Operating System ||SunOS 5.8 Generic_108529-11 i86pc i386 |
|Compiler ||cc, used SFS97_R1 Precompiled Binaries |
|Compiler Options ||N/A |
|Network Type ||Intel Pro/1000 T Server Adapter|
|LG #||LG Type||Network||Target File Systems||Notes|
- NetApp's embedded operating system processes NFS requests from the network layer without any NFS daemons, and uses non-volatile memory to improve performance.
- All standard data protection features, including background RAID and media error scrubbing, software validated RAID checksumming, and double disk failure protection via double parity RAID (RAID-DP) were enabled during the test.
- Each disk controller had two, 2Gbit/s FC-AL ESH (Electronically Switched Hub) loops, and both loops on each controller were active.
- Each disk was attached to two loops, one from each controller, so that, in the event of a controller or loop-fault the disk could be controlled by the surviving controller.
- The F1 filesystem was striped across both disk controllers.
- The F1 filesystem was composed of five RAID-DP groups; each RAID-group was composed of 14 data disks and 2 parity disks.
- Two additional disks were used for system files (not accessed during the test), and two disks were used for spares.
- All network ports were set to use jumbo frames (MTU=9000).
- Server tunings:
- - date 0801 -- set clock to 8:01am for reproducibility
- - options no_atime_on 1 -- to disable access time update
- NetApp is a registered trademark and "Data ONTAP", "Network Appliance", and "WAFL" are trademarks of Network Appliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- All other trademarks belong to their respective owners and should be treated as such.
Generated on Thu Apr 14 14:50:02 2005 by SPEC SFS97 HTML Formatter
Copyright © 1997-2004 Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
First published at SPEC.org on 10-Dec-2003