SPEC CINT95 Benchmark: 126.gcc
- Based on the GNU C compiler version 2.5.3 from the Free Software Foundation.
- The benchmark is now generating optimized code for a SPARC based system
over about 50 input sources.
- The 50 input files means that this benchmark has the highest numbers
of fork(2)/exec(2) during the benchmark run, and also the highest numbers
of open(2) and other such system calls.
- Gcc, along with 147.vortex, has remained one of the largest tests in
Types of Data Provided
- Rough estimates of some of the basic hardware level activities: CPI, I-
and D-cache activity, and TLB activity. This data is only useful for comparing
the '95 benchmarks, not for comparing against any particular hardware.
- Full gprof(1) outputs. [Procedure level profiling with call graphs.]
- The first 50 lines of the profile taken from the full gprof(1) output.
- Reports from sar(1). [System activity levels.]
[Mon Jan 8 14:05:06 PST 1996]